Studio M

Studio M – Season 2!


Season 2 is right around the corner & plans are ramping up!  As with everything at the moment, there are many variables that need to be considered.  I have been working on creating plans, back-up plans, and back-up plans for the back-up plans. Our new location project has also been affected by the pandemic so I am re-routing and will have more information for you in the coming weeks.  Thank you in advance for your patience & understanding during this process as it is like nothing I have ever done before…


I will be signing contracts with teachers this week & can’t wait to announce our 20-21 staff!  Most of our staff from Season 1 is returning and we are adding some new amazing teachers as well. The talent among this group is INSANE!! 


As I stated above, we are pursuing a new location.  I can’t release the details yet because I want to have final confirmation first.  We will be undergoing a renovation and would love volunteer help from our families!  The turnaround time will be tight so the more hands on deck, the better!!  If you have time and don’t mind getting a little dirty, please let me know. There will be a lot of painting projects, cleaning & flooring. 


I have reached out to the Missoula County Health Department for their advice on how we move forward & have been following the MCPS plan as well.  I have created a 4 phase plan in accordance with the Governor’s office, Missoula County Health Department & MCPS.  We will likely need to be flexible and move through these phases throughout the year.  This is a fluid document that I will update as necessary & email out periodically.  Please see the attached document for more information.  I am also working on protocols that will be put in place in the event of a positive case in the studio.  As soon as I get that completed, I will be sending it your way!!

Attachment: Covid Plan – Season 2.pdf (117.4kB)


We are tentatively planning an Open House for Tuesday August 25th.  This will be different from previous years in that it will be by appointment so we can minimize our interaction & keep up our social distancing.  Also, most of it will be held outdoors so that we have the fresh air on our side!  Please stay tuned for details. 


We will be having our first month of classes outside!!  I want to be able to take advantage of our good weather & fresh air.  Also, by dancing outside, we will be able to avoid having to wear masks.  We will have outdoor studios setup so that the kiddos aren’t dancing directly in the sun or directly on asphalt.  Dress code will not be enforced during this time as I understand it may be too hot for tights & leotards.  Please make sure your kiddo is still dressed appropriately with booties & bellies covered & proper shoes.  Your student will need to bring a water bottle with them to class and have sunscreen on!!  This is subject to change if we have a bad fire season…please keep your fingers crossed!!


In order to accommodate for sanitation between classes and alternating transitions between classes, we had to make some slight adjustments to the schedule.  I have attached the new Covid Revised schedule below.  If for some reason this change isn’t doable for your family, please let me know and we can get your student transferred to another class. Thanks for understanding the necessity of this schedule change!

Attachment: StudioM Schedule – 20-21 COVID Revised.pdf (238.4kB)


We have added a new Littles class to our schedule!!  We have had an overwhelming response in this age level & are so excited to be able to get everyone in to a class.  If you know of a family that is yet to register, please let them know that this class has opened for the 4-6yr olds.  Tuesday 6:15-7pm. 

THANK YOU so much for your support in all times but especially through this!!  I am determined to live by my motto: Dance will find a way.  As always, please reach out with questions or concerns. 

Just keep swimming…