Studio M loves the month of LOVE!! With all that we have been dealing with in the past few years, the more love that can be spread…the better!!
STUDIO M PODCAST LINK
Click the link below to listen to this entire email while you stay efficient and get other things done.
Attachment: February-Happenings-2022.mp3 (7.2MB)
SPREAD THE LOVE SPIRIT WEEK
Spirit Week is next week – February 7th-11th. The theme for our monthly Spirit Week is Spread the Love! Students will be doing a short craft project where they will decorate hearts that will adorn our hallway walls through the end of the month. Please have them come to dance in any of the following colors: Pink, Red, White, Purple (of course) or any color that represents love to you. Our basic dress code rules apply: covered midriff & lower back, hair pulled back & appropriate shoes. Additionally, our Spirit Wall will be decked out so we will take a bunch of photos.
We have added a fun class to the schedule for one night only! Think of it as a night out with Miss Alissa as she teaches a heels combination. This is an adult only class that is perfect for you and your BFF or your gang of friends. Heels are optional & there will be a fun Valentines treat at the end of class. February 11th; 6:30-7:30pm We need a minimum of 3 adults registered to run the class.
FUNdraiser – LOVE-O-GRAMS
The Studio M Company is starting their spring fundraising campaign & would love your help! We are doing singing telegrams for Valentines day. The kids have a video performance all ready that you can send to someone you love – we can even personalize the message! $10 for a basic love-o-gram & $15 for a customized love-o-gram. Think those family members that live across the country or just anyone that needs a little extra love. I have attached the promotion below so check it out & order yours today!!
Attachment: SPREAD THE LOVE.JPG (57.8kB)
We will be passing out the costumes that we currently have NEXT WEEK. Your child will try their costume on in class so that we can be sure they fit. If we have any concerns, we will let you know so that we can rush another size as soon as possible. You will need to sign off on their costumes before they are allowed to take them from the building. Please plan to meet your child & their teacher in the lobby 5 min before end of class to sign the costume roster. It will be really busy in the hall so please be sure to wear your masks! 😉
While you are in the studio waiting to sign off on costumes, be sure to check out our message board. We have all important dates for the rest of the semester posted.
We continue to welcome new students to the family and we couldn’t be more excited! A couple of tidbits for the newest members:
- Make sure your dancer is following dress code. Basic rules: hair pulled back, proper shoes, belly & bottoms covered. Be sure to check your class description for more details.
- Follow us on Instagram & Facebook. We post a lot about what’s happening at our studio & it’s an easy way to keep up. You will also get monthly emails like this!
- HAVE SO MUCH FUN!! We like to have A LOT of fun here at Studio M!
Please park on the West side of the building when dropping off & picking up your dancer. This helps with consistency for the kids and staff especially during the dark hours of the winter. We will ALWAYS make sure the kids get safely to your vehicle so this will help us out. Plus, we would prefer that the East entrance is used for staff only.
- Masks required for Littles level and above. Please bring your own as we have a limited supply for emergency purposes.
- Only Tots & Littles parents allowed in the building.
- One parent/dancer. Minimal siblings.
- We do not have a water fountain so make sure your dancer has their own water bottle.
- If you are sick at all, please stay home and use our Zoom option.
This semester will run through May with our recital week scheduled for June 6th-10th. *Our recital dates were adjusted right before the season began so please be sure that you have the correct dates marked in your calendar.
On the recital note, please remember to log into the Parent Portal and update your dancers t-shirt size.
- The Competition Company is heading on their second competition of the season the first weekend of March! They will be driving to Coeur D’Alene for the Spotlight Dance Cup. If you see any of them in the hall, be sure to wish them luck.
- The Studio M Performance company is auditioning to perform in the Missoula Lip Sync battle. This is one of our favorite things to do as it is a FUNdraiser for Camp Mak-a-Dream. If you aren’t familiar with this organization, their mission is to provide life changing experiences for survivors of cancer and their families. Please follow our fundraising journey & support our efforts if you can.
- Spring Break is scheduled for March 21st-25th. The studio will be closed for the week.
PARENT PORTAL LINK
Stay warm out there STUDIO M!!