Hi Studio M Family!!
We are simultaneously excited that spring is around the corner & stressed that recital is only a couple of months away. Now is the time that things get wild so hold on and LET’S GO!!! Please read through the entire email as there will be LOTS of great info for you or just listen to our handy podcast to save some time.
STUDIO M PODCAST LINK
Click the link below to listen to this entire email while you stay efficient and get other things done.
Attachment: March-Happenings-2022.mp3 (7.4MB)
We will have a SUPER summer program again this year! We are working on all of the details and will follow up with another email on Sunday but here is the gist: Each month – June, July & August – we will have one camp for Minis (ages 4-6), one for Juniors (ages 7-10) & one intensive for 11+. Each camp is $150 & each intensive is $175. We will offer a multiple camp/intensive discount. Registration opens this Monday – March 7th at 12pm & there is limited spacing so get your dancer enrolled FAST!
SPRING SWIRL CLASSES
Registration has officially closed for our Season 3 regular schedule but we are starting our SPRING SWIRL CLASSES soon. If you want your dancer to try something new, these 45min combo classes are sure to be a blast & a good intro to multiple genres. Spring Swirl students will participate in the recital with a short performance wearing their recital tanks. These classes also have supplemental curriculum so they are a bit different than your average dance class. Registration is open Monday & classes begin the week of March 28th. Swirls need a minimum of 3 dancers to run. See the schedule below for more info:
- Bubble Gum Swirl: Ages 4-6; Friday 4:00-4:45pm
- Cookie Dough Swirl: Ages 7-10; Monday 4:15-5:00pm
- Sweet Toppings Swirl: Ages 11+; Wednesday 4:30-5:15pm
RECITAL MERCHANDISE ORDER
We will be doing a large shoe & merchandise order ahead of our upcoming recital. We have had never ending issues getting our merchandise in a timely fashion so we are trying to get ahead of the curve. If your dancer is close to outgrowing their shoes, needing tights or a nude leotard, please get an order in before March 15th!! We are hoping that ordering this early will allow merchandise to arrive before recital. REMINDER: Every Hip Hop student needs to order our Hip Hop sneakers or purchase all black Converse.
Our March Spirit Week is guaranteed to be nothing but FUN!!! We will be having WACKY HAIR & CRAZY SOCKS Spirit Week March 14th-18th. We can’t wait to see what our creative kiddos come up with for this new theme!
Check out our CCo (Competition Company) on livestream – starting tonight through the weekend – as they dance their booties off at Spotlight Dance Cup in Coeur D’Alene, ID. You can find the livestream link on the Spotlight Dance Cup website under Coeur d’Alene.
On top of that, our PCo (Performance Company) will be performing at the Women’s Fair tomorrow at the UC Ballroom. Their performance starts at 12:30pm & they would love to have a loud fan club in the audience!
Studio M will be closed for Spring Break the week of March 21st-March 25th. We hope you have some fun & get some rest/relaxation as well!
The RECITAL Run-through
It is officially the time to start dumping recital info into your world!! I know you are so excited!! This section of the Happenings will consist of your monthly recital reminders & any new recital information…
- Our annual recital – Studio M Presents…WHERE’S WALDO – will be presented to a lively and fun audience the week of June 6th. Dress rehearsals will be scheduled on Monday the 6th & Tuesday the 7th with shows happening on Wednesday the 8th & Thursday the 9th. We will be going on our adventure to find Waldo in the Dennison Theater!! PLEASE MARK YOUR CALENDARS!
- We will have Recital Costume Photo Week May 23rd-May 27th. If you choose to purchase photos, your child will attend this week in their costume & get group/individual shots taken. We will also use this week as a dress run-through in costume. Registration date & details coming soon.
- Recital Tickets will go on sale May 2nd. We will be using a 3rd party vendor called TuTu Tix. You can purchase tickets online through their website. More details to come…
- We have started designing our annual recital tanks so please be sure to get your dancers size in the portal. Recital tanks are included in your annual Recital Fee.
- Recital Fees are due on May 1st. Each child participating in the recital is charged a $20 fee that covers recital tanks & payroll for recital week.
– The annual Missoula Lip Sync Battle will be held at the Dennison Theatre on April 24th. Our Performance Company has secured a spot in the lineup and will be FUNdraising to help raise money for Camp Mak-A-Dream. Please follow our social media for ways that you can help & attend the battle if you can! It’s SOOOO much fun!
– The annual EGG MY YARD FUNdraiser is around the corner! Hire the Studio M Bunnies to hop on over to your yard to hide eggs. Give your kids a fun & effort free surprise!!
– The Montana Dance Arts Association spring workshop will be held LIVE in Helena this April! It’s the first live workshop in 2yrs and it’s sure to be a BLAST! If your dancer is 9+ and interested in attending a weekend long workshop, please let me know!
– SHOW & SHINE – We will be bringing a new FUNdraiser to Studio M this spring. Our Competition Company will be rehearsing their competition numbers before their final competition in Seattle & YOU are invited to see them in person before anyone else in Missoula! Funds raised will go towards our scholarship account that we are growing to benefit the less fortunate members of our community that would love to dance! Please join us April 23rd. More details to come…
- Masks are optional for all students.
- Only Tots & Littles parents allowed in the building.
- One parent/dancer. Minimal siblings.
- We do not have a water fountain so make sure your dancer has their own water bottle.
- If you are sick at all, please stay home and use our Zoom option. Parents are welcome to watch class with this option.
- We will continue to use hand sanitizer upon entering & leaving the classroom, running air filters with cracked windows, cleaning between classes & fogging each night.
PARENT PORTAL LINK