It’s FRIYAY!!! And it’s sunny!! Two awesome things to celebrate.
Before I get into details, I want to make sure to remind you to read all the way through. You will be receiving multiple emails a month at this point & they are all VERY important. We want to make sure that you know all of the details you need to get you successfully through our busiest time of the year.
STUDIO M PODCAST LINK
Click the link below to listen to this entire email while you stay efficient and get other things done.
Attachment: April-Happenings-2022.mp3 (8.6MB)
SPIRIT WEEK – SUPER HEROS
Our April Spirit Week will be the 18th-22nd. Please have your dancer come to the class looking like their favorite superhero! They can wear any costume or costume pieces as long as our basic dress code rules still apply: midriff & bottom covered, hair pulled back & appropriate shoes. This is going to be SUPER AWESOME!!
We are having our second annual coloring contest!! If your dancer wants to participate, please have them color the attached picture & bring it back to the studio. Feel free to get creative & make your sheet a piece of art!! Make sure they have their name on it so we when we pick the winners, we know who to get the prize to. YEP…PRIZES!! Please return your picture by April 29th to be considered for a prize.
SPRING SWIRL CLASSES
Spring Swirl classes are still open!! If you want your dancer to try something new, these 45min combo classes are sure to be a blast & a good intro to multiple genres. Spring Swirl students will participate in the recital with a short performance wearing their recital tanks. These classes also have supplemental curriculum so they are a bit different than your average dance class. Registration is open & classes have just begun. Swirls need a minimum of 3 dancers to run. See the schedule below for more info:
· Bubble Gum Swirl: Ages 4-6; Friday 4:00-4:45pm
· Cookie Dough Swirl: Ages 7-10; Monday 4:15-5:00pm
· Sweet Toppings Swirl: Ages 11+; Wednesday 4:30-5:15pm
We will be having another Adult dance workshop coming up! Miss Tara is wrapping up her final performances with Bare Bait for the year and she is ready to have some fun with our adult dancers!! The workshop will be a beginning level class with a variety of genres & will happen for 4 weeks on Thursday at 7pm. Keep an eye on our social media for exact dates!
COMPANY PERFORMANCES & COMPETITIONS
- Our Performance Company is headed to the Montana Dance Arts Association workshop this weekend in Helena! They will get to take classes from amazing instructors from across the nation. Plus, the older dancers will have the opportunity to audition for scholarships for summer dance programs! So fun!
- SHOW & SHINE: If you are a fan of our Competition Company and would love to see their dances in person before their final competition of the year, we will be having our first Show & Shine performance on April 23rd from 1-2:30pm. Join us for a fun afternoon filled with amazing dance & popcorn too! The price is $5/person at the door or $15/family. Proceeds raised will go to our Studio M Dance Scholarship fund.
- The annual Missoula Lip Sync battle to raise money for Camp Mak-A-Dream is right around the corner – April 24th! The Studio M Performance Company will be there to battle it out & support an amazing cause! Purchase tickets now so you don’t miss out on the fun! We are currently raising money to support the camp and families affected by cancer. If you would like to help us reach our goal, please visit the following link… https://app.donorview.com/L65Nx
- The final dance competition of the year will be April 29th-May 1st! The Competition Company will be traveling to Seattle & the competition will be live streamed! Follow our social media for more information!
EGG MY YARD FUNDRAISER
It’s that fun time of year when you can hire the Studio M bunnies to hop on over to your house (or a friends) to egg your yard on Easter eve. Waking up to a yard full of eggs on Easter is SO MUCH FUN!! This is a FUNdraiser for the Performance Company and the money goes directly to the families to help with the financial costs of workshops, extra classes & travel. The bunnies book up fast so be sure to call right away! Please see the attachment below for more information!
Attachment: EGG MY YARD.PNG (441.5kB)
The RECITAL Run-through
IT’S RECITAL TIME!! This section of the Happenings will consist of your monthly recital reminders & any new recital information…
· RECITAL INFO
Our annual recital will be held June 6th, 7th, 8th & 9th. Dress rehearsals will happen on Monday – June 6th & Wednesday – June 8th. There will be a total of 2 shows – June 7th & June 9th. PLEASE MARK YOUR CALENDARS!! Thank you for your patience on getting these dates…we weren’t aware of 8th grade graduations being on the same week, so we had to do some quick adjustments to our original plan. The show order & organization is being finalized so keep an eye out for another email with more information. We will be holding our show in the Dennison Theatre at the University of Montana.
· RECITAL TICKETS
Recital tickets will go on sale May 2nd. All tickets will be $15 for General Admission. You will receive an email with the show number your dancer will perform in before May 2nd. Recital tickets will be sold through TuTu Tix & more information will be released soon.
· RECITAL FEE & APPAREL
Reminder that if you are participating in the recital, there is a $20 fee/student. We will pull this fee with the May tuition. Every student participating in the recital will receive a recital tank top.
· COSTUME PHOTO WEEK
We will be having our costume photo week May 23rd-27th. Jason Tupeck Photography will be doing our recital photos. Please be sure to read through all of the information below. You can purchase your photo packet via the Parent Portal by choosing Classes/Events in the upper right corner of your dashboard. Please purchase your photos BEFORE photo week so we can be as organized as possible. Photo packets will be available for purchase Monday – April 11th.
Attachment: 2022 Studio M Annual Recital Photo Shoot Flyer.pdf (287.6kB)
Costume Photo Week will also serve as our first Dress Rehearsal. Classes will perform for each other with the mirrors covered so it’s more like the real thing. Please be sure that – even if you aren’t purchasing photos – your child comes to class in their costume, with proper tights, shoes & specific hair. Please plan for your dancer to be at the studio for at least 1hr. We will try to get the youngest dancers done right at the top of the hour while the older dancers may stay the entire hour and a half. The Photo Week Schedule will be slightly different than your normal dance schedule & will released soon. Please keep an eye out for the next Studio M email for more details!
A quick reminder that if you know of a company that would be interested in being a sponsor for our recital, please reach out to Tavja for more information! We have a couple of advertising options & they will get amazing exposure.
· STUDIO M DAY
Come celebrate an AMAZING Season 3 with us on May 21st; 12pm-2pm!! We will be setup outside & have games, crafts, food & treats for all of our families! You will be able to pick up your WHERE’S WALDO recital tank. This day will be the perfect START to our Recital Photo Week JOURNEY!
- Masks are optional for all students.
- Only Tots & Littles parents allowed in the building.
- One parent/dancer. Minimal siblings.
- We do not have a water fountain so make sure your dancer has their own water bottle.
- If you are sick at all, please stay home and use our Zoom option. Parents are welcome to watch class with this option.
- We will continue to use hand sanitizer upon entering & leaving the classroom, running air filters with cracked windows, cleaning between classes & fogging each night.
PARENT PORTAL LINK
We know this is A LOT of information so THANK YOU FOR READING!! Please let us know if you have any questions.