Studio M loves the month of LOVE!! Spreading love is definitely what we need these days & we are happy to continue giving love to all of our Studio M family & staff!
STUDIO M PODCAST LINK
Click the link below to listen to this entire email while you stay efficient and get other things done.
Attachment: February-Happenings-2023.mp3 (8.9MB)
We are so excited to announce our partnership with PLAY Network on our second annual Sweetheart Dance! This year, we are opening it up to Studio M families & we hope you can make it! TOMORROW: February 4th; 6-8pm Bring your mini me to Studio M for a fun date night filled with dancing, a photo shoot, activity room, craft projects & snacks!! You will learn a partner dance with your little buddy & there will be a short performance from the Studio M Performance Company! Admission is $10/family (PLAY Network families will receive a discount at the door.) Please RSVP via text or email so we can plan for you.
EVERY LITTLE THING
We will be hosting 2 open dress rehearsals for the hilarious, insightful, and life-affirming one-person show by Rosie Seitz Ayers & Ryan Eggensperger this Sunday – February 5th, 2pm & 6pm. This candid, big-hearted, and unforgettable theatrical experience looks at the complexities many families face while simultaneously celebrating all the little ways to keep moving forward with joy & resilience. These shows will be FREE OF CHARGE, and any donations will go to Project Tomorrow Montana.
This show is rated PG – there is no swearing, sex or violence however it deals with mental health issues so it is advised that parents research the content ahead of time.
ADULT HIP HOP WORKSHOP
We have another Adult Workshop on the schedule in February! Get your GROOVE ON with Miss Jaycee in her super fun Hip Hop class!! February 7th, 14th, 21st, & 28th – 7:30pm. The 4 week workshop is $60 and REGISTRATION IS OPEN NOW!!
Our Competition Company dancers will be heading to Layton, UT for our first Competition of the season on February 8th. They have been working so hard and can’t wait to perform their pieces. We will be bringing 15 dances to compete which is the most we’ve ever competed!! If you see any of them in the hall, be sure to wish them good luck!
SPREAD THE LOVE SPIRIT WEEK
Spirit Week is February 13th-17th. The theme for our monthly Spirit Week is Spread the Love! Students will be doing a short craft project where they will decorate hearts that will adorn our hallway walls through the end of the month. Please have them come to dance in any of the following colors: Pink, Red, White, Rainbow, Purple (of course) or any color that represents love to you. Our basic dress code rules apply: covered midriff & lower back, hair pulled back & appropriate shoes. Additionally, our Spirit Wall will be decked out so we will take a bunch of photos.
We will be passing out the costumes that we currently have during Spirit Week – February 13th-17th. Your child will try their costume on in class so that we can be sure they fit. In the case that we can successfully swap costumes between dancers so that all fit, we will instead of having to pay a rush & restocking fee. If we have any concerns, we will let you know so that we can rush another size as soon as possible. You will need to sign off on their costumes before they are allowed to take them from the building. Please plan to meet your child & their teacher in the lobby 5 min before end of class to sign the costume roster. It will be really busy in the hall so please be patient as we find you for a signature.
While you are in the studio waiting to sign off on costumes, be sure to check out our message board. We have all important dates for the rest of the semester posted.
We continue to welcome new students to the family and we couldn’t be more excited! A couple of tidbits for the newest members:
- Make sure your dancer is following dress code. Basic rules: hair pulled back, proper shoes, belly & bottoms covered. Be sure to check your class description for more details.
- ONLY TOTS & LITTLES PARENTS ARE ALLOWED IN THE BUILDING. If you have a child in a Combo, Level 1, 2, 3, 4 classes, Medley, Merge or Mixed Media, please watch via Zoom.
- Follow us on Instagram & Facebook. We post a lot about what’s happening at our studio & it’s an easy way to keep up. You will also get monthly emails like this!
- HAVE SO MUCH FUN!! We like to have A LOT of fun here at Studio M!
Please park on the West side of the building when dropping off & picking up your dancer. This helps with consistency for the kids and staff especially during the dark hours of the winter. We will ALWAYS make sure the kids get safely to your vehicle so this will help us out. Plus, we would prefer that the East entrance is used for staff only.
We will have a SUPER summer program again this year! We are working on all of the details and will follow up with another email on Sunday but here is the gist: Each month – June, July & August – we will have 1-2 camps for Minis (ages 4-6) &1-2 camps for Juniors (ages 7-9). We will also have two Intensives (10+), one in July & one in August. Each camp is $155 & each intensive is $225. We will offer a multiple camp/intensive discount. Registration opens Wednesday – March 1st at 12pm & there is limited spacing so get your dancer enrolled FAST!
SPRING SWIRL CLASSES
Registration will officially close on February 17th for our Season 4 regular schedule but we are starting our SPRING SWIRL CLASSES soon. If you want your dancer to try something new, these 45min combo classes are sure to be a blast & a good intro to multiple genres. Spring Swirl students will participate in the recital with a short performance wearing their recital tanks. These classes also have supplemental curriculum so they are a bit different than your average dance class. Registration will open on February 20th & classes begin the week of March 6th. Swirls need a minimum of 3 dancers to run. See the schedule below for more info:
- Bubble Gum Swirl: Ages 4-6; Friday 5:15-6:00pm
- Cookie Dough Swirl: Ages 7-10; Friday 6:00-6:45pm
*If your dancer is older than the above ages, please let us know and if we get at least 3 dancers, we will open an older class as well.
The RECITAL Run-through
It is officially the time to start dumping recital info into your world!! I know you are so excited!! This section of the Happenings will consist of your monthly recital reminders & any new recital information…
- Our annual recital – Studio M Presents…TOYBOX – will be presented to a lively and fun audience the week of June 12th. Dress rehearsals will be scheduled in the beginning of the week & shows will happen on Wednesday the 14th, Thursday the 15th & Friday the 16th. We will be opening our nostalgic TOYBOX for hours of FUN at the Dennison Theatre. PLEASE MARK YOUR CALENDARS!
- We will have Recital Costume Photo Week May 22nd-May 26th. If you choose to purchase photos, your child will attend this week in their costume & get group/individual shots taken. We will also use this week as a dress run-through in costume. Registration date & details coming soon.
- Recital Tickets will go on sale May 1st. We will be using a 3rd party vendor called TuTu Tix. You can purchase tickets online through their website. More details to come…
- We will start designing our annual recital tanks SOON so please be sure to get your dancers size in the portal. Recital tanks are included in your annual Recital Fee.
- Recital Fees are due on May 1st. Each child participating in the recital is charged a $40 fee that covers recital tanks, recital video links & payroll for recital week.
As you hopefully know, we have an OUTSTANDING staff that not only has other successful careers but is also highly involved in the Missoula performing arts community. With that, you may be seeing a sub in your child’s class in the coming months. Rest assured that any person assigned to teach a certain class is more than qualified & happy to be there inspiring your dancer!
- The Competition Company will be heading on their second competition of the season the first weekend of March! They will be driving to Coeur D’Alene for the Spotlight Dance Cup. GO STUDIO M!!
- The Performance Company will be performing at the Women’s fair on March 12th! Come show them your support & check out some awesome vendors.
- Spring Break is scheduled for March 20th-24th. The studio will be closed for the week.
- Competition Company will be performing at the MCT FUNdraiser Sip-N-Shop – March 30th. It’s going to be a super fun event supporting a fantastic cause – community theatre!!
PARENT PORTAL LINK
Stay warm out there STUDIO M!!