Hi Studio M Family!!
We are simultaneously excited that spring is around the corner & stressed that recital is only a couple of months away. Now is the time that things get wild so hold on and LET’S GO!!! Please read through the entire email as there will be LOTS of great info for you or just listen to our handy podcast to save some time.
STUDIO M PODCAST LINK
Click the link below to listen to this entire email while you stay efficient and get other things done.
Attachment: March-Happenings-2023.mp3 (7.8MB)
Summer camp registration is OPEN!! We have already sold out of a couple of camps & getting super close to selling out the others. If you have yet to enroll your dancer, please do so ASAP. We can’t guarantee placement for our current families now that we have opened it to the public. We are so excited that we could add an additional TWO camps to the schedule & hope this is helpful to you as well.
Attachment: Studio M Summer Program 2023.pdf (4.1MB)
SPRING SWIRL CLASSES
Registration has officially closed for our Season 4 regular schedule but we are starting our SPRING SWIRL CLASSES on March 10th. If you want your dancer to try something new, these 45min combo classes are sure to be a blast & a good intro to multiple genres. Spring Swirl students will participate in the recital with a short performance wearing their recital tanks. These classes also have supplemental curriculum so they are a bit different than your average dance class. Registration is currently open. Swirls need a minimum of 3 dancers to run. See the schedule below for more info:
- Bubble Gum Swirl: Ages 4-6; Friday 5:15-6pm
- Cookie Dough Swirl: Ages 7-10; Friday 6-6:45pm
- If your dancer is older than the above ages but you are interested in enrolling them, please reach out. If we get a minimum of three interested dancers, we will open an older Swirl.
Attachment: Spring Swirl 2023.JPG (42.5kB)
RECITAL MERCHANDISE ORDER
We will be doing a large shoe & merchandise order ahead of our upcoming recital. We have had never ending issues getting our merchandise in a timely fashion so we are trying to get ahead of the curve. If your dancer is close to outgrowing their shoes, needing tights or a nude leotard, please get an order in before Friday April 1st. We are hoping that ordering this early will allow merchandise to arrive before recital. REMINDER: Every Hip Hop student needs to order our Hip Hop sneakers or purchase all black Converse. Contemporary 3 & 4 dancers need to have Apolla socks.
Our March Spirit Week is guaranteed to be good ol’ 80’s era FUN!!! We will be having NEON LITE BRITE Spirit Week March 13th-17th. Please send your dancer to class in their favorite NEON colors or rocking a sweet 80’s era outfit. Dancers just wanna have FU-UUUNNNN!!
Check out our CCO (Competition Company) on livestream – starting tonight through Sunday night – as they dance their booties off at Spotlight Dance Cup in Coeur D’Alene, ID. You can find the livestream link on the Spotlight Dance Cup website under Coeur d’Alene.
Our Performance Company will be performing next Saturday at the Women’s Fair on campus in the UC Ballroom. Don’t miss their energetic & super fun performance on the main stage at 12:30pm!
We have a 3rd performance at the end of the month for our Competition Company…the MCT Sip-N-Shop!! This is an awesome FUNdraiser for MCT that we have been invited to participate in. The event is a boutique shopping experience with some of your favorite Missoula shops plus drinks & food by Bravo catering. After the shopping, you will see our girls dance their hearts out during the fashion show that I am directing! It will be such a FUN night to be a part of. GET YOUR TICKETS BEFORE THEY SELL OUT! More info below…
Studio M will be closed for Spring Break the week of March 20th-March 24th. We hope you have some fun & get some rest/relaxation as well!
The RECITAL Run-through
This section of the Happenings will consist of your monthly recital reminders & any new recital information…
- Our annual recital – Studio M Presents…TOYBOX – will be presented to a lively and fun audience the week of June 12th. Staging rehearsals will be scheduled in the beginning of the week & shows will happen on Wednesday the 14th, Thursday the 15th & Friday the 16th. We will be opening our nostalgic TOYBOX for hours of FUN at the Dennison Theatre. PLEASE MARK YOUR CALENDARS!
- We are currently editing music, ordering props, teaching choreography & beginning the CRAZY show puzzle. This process is very complicated and takes lots of effort from many brains to make sure that our shows are as efficient as possible. We will be taking this month to finalize the 3 shows & will be able to give you detailed information on which show your dancer will be performing in at the beginning of April.
- We will have Recital Costume Photo Week May 22nd-May 26th. If you choose to purchase photos, your child will attend this week in their costume & get group/individual shots taken. We will also use this week as a dress run-through in costume. Registration date & details coming soon.
- SHOW REHEARSAL WEEK is a new thing we are adding this season. The week of May 30th-June 2nd (Tues-Fri because we are closed on Memorial Day), we will be running our shows from beginning to end in Studio Montana. This means that your child will likely be scheduled at a different time than normal for that week. Once the show orders are complete, you will know your dancers rehearsal time for that week.
- Recital Tickets will go on sale May 1st. We will be using a 3rd party vendor called TuTu Tix. You can purchase tickets online through their website. More details to come…
- We are currently designing our annual recital tanks so please be sure to get your dancers size in the portal. Recital tanks are included in your annual Recital Fee.
- Recital Fees are due on May 1st. Each child participating in the recital is charged a $40 fee that covers recital tanks, recital video links & payroll for recital week.
– The annual EGG MY YARD FUNdraiser is around the corner! Hire the Studio M Bunnies to hop on over to your yard to hide eggs. Give your kids a fun & effort free surprise!!
– The Montana Dance Arts Association spring workshop will be held in Butte this April 1st & 2nd! If your dancer is 9+ and interested in attending a weekend long workshop, please let me know!
– SHOW & SHINE – We will be having our annual scholarship FUNdraiser again this spring. Our Competition Company will be rehearsing their competition numbers before their final competition in Seattle & YOU are invited to see them in person before anyone else in Missoula! Funds raised will go towards our scholarship account that we are growing to benefit the less fortunate members of our community that would love to dance! Please join us April 15th. More details to come…
– CCO will be traveling to Seattle for their final competition of the season – 24 Seven Dance Convention. If you can’t make it to the Show & Shine, please wish them good luck when you see them!
- We do not have a water fountain so make sure your dancer has their own water bottle.
- If you are sick at all, please stay home and use our Zoom option. Parents are welcome to watch class with this option.
- Make sure your dancer is following dress code. Basic rules: hair pulled back, proper shoes, belly & bottoms covered. Be sure to check your class description for more details.
- ONLY TOTS & LITTLES PARENTS ARE ALLOWED IN THE BUILDING. If you have a child in a Combo, Level 1, 2, 3, 4 classes, Medley, Merge or Mixed Media, please watch via Zoom.
- Follow us on Instagram & Facebook. We post a lot about what’s happening at our studio & it’s an easy way to keep up. You will also get monthly emails like this!
- HAVE SO MUCH FUN!! We like to have A LOT of fun here at Studio M!
PARENT PORTAL LINK
Use the parent portal to zoom into classes, register for Spring Swirl or summer camps, monitor your account or send us an email! Important dates and other information can also be found on our website: studiommissoula.com.