I know we are a couple of weeks in but HAPPY NEW YEAR!! This year is going to be full of STUDIO M MAGIC on our road to PARADISE!!
STUDIO M PODCAST LINK
Click the link below to listen to this entire email while you stay efficient and get other things done.
Attachment: January-Happenings-2024.mp3 (5.3MB)
We are welcoming a bunch of new students to the family and we couldn’t be more excited! A couple of tidbits for the newest members:
- Before you arrive, you will want to check the parent portal for the studio that your class will be in. If you have any troubles, stop in the Star Shop or find an instructor & they will be happy to help you!
- Make sure your dancer is following dress code. Basic rules: hair pulled back, proper shoes, belly & bottoms covered. Be sure to check your class description for more details.
- Since we have already ordered our annual recital costumes, we will need to get your child measured as soon as they start. You will have a week to decide if you want to participate before we need to order your costume. It seems super early but we are already getting shipping delays through April!! Thanks so much for understanding the urgency!
- Follow us on Instagram & Facebook. We post a lot about what’s happening at our studio & it’s an easy way to keep up. You will also get monthly emails like this!
- HAVE SO MUCH FUN!! We like to have A LOT of fun here at Studio M!
We are back in class – THIS WEEK!! We have missed you so much & can’t wait to see those adorable faces in this new year! This semester will run through May with our recital week scheduled for May 20th-24th. Please mark these days in your calendar & we will give you more specifics in the coming months.
On the recital note, please remember to log into the Parent Portal and update your dancers t-shirt size.
TAVJA & MEAGEN ABSENT
It’s a very rare occasion to be sure but both Tavja & I will be gone next week. It just so happens that our other careers – I’m a corporate stage manager & producer, she is a retail buyer – collide yearly on this week. That being said, we have an extremely responsible & capable staff that will be able to help you with anything you may need. Our staff knows how to reach us if necessary & we will both be back the following week. Check in with Hallie or Scout in the Star Shop for any immediate needs or if you need something specific to one of us, please email as we will both be checking our inbox.
- Please park on the West side of the building (the side with our logo on the wall) when dropping off & picking up your dancer. This helps with consistency for the kids and staff especially during the dark hours of the winter. We will ALWAYS make sure the kids get safely to your vehicle so this will help us out. Plus, we would prefer that the East entrance is used for staff only.
- Tots & Littles parents are asked to stay in the building during the entirety of their dancer’s class however, we ask that ALL other parents only enter the building for drop off or pick up. We try to keep the halls as clear as possible to avoid distraction, germ passing & overall crowding in a tight space. We offer Zoom for every class so you can watch from afar.
- If your dancer is sick at all, please take advantage of our Zoom option. Don’t forget that you can email a request for a class recording up to 2 weeks after the missed class.
ALOHA SPIRIT WEEK
Our monthly Spirit Week is right around the corner! ALOHA Spirit Week is scheduled for January 15th-19th. Please wear your favorite Aloha wear, favorite summer outfit or deck yourself out in flowers!! Let’s pretend it’s SUNNY & 75 in January!! Please remember that our basic dress code rules apply: midriff & bottom covered, hair pulled back & appropriate shoes.
Costumes are arriving although we are still waiting for quite a few. We are hoping to try costumes on & distribute what we have the week of January 22nd. You will see an email in your inbox the week before with all details. Stay tuned…
Shoutout to our Competition Company kids travelling to Billings to compete in the 24 Seven Dance Convention the weekend of January 26th! Please follow our story on IG & Facebook to see how they do. Plus, you can cheer them on by watching the live link! STUDIO M, STUDIO M, STUDIO M STAAAARS!!!
- We have another Adult Workshop on the schedule in February! Get your GROOVE ON with Miss Jaycee in her super fun Monday night Hip Hop class!! February 5th, 12th, 19th, & 26th – 7:30pm. The 4 week workshop is $60 and registration will open on January 29th! Please help us spread the word if you can think of anyone that might be interested.
- Our first My Buddy & Me workshop is scheduled to start next month – February!! We are so excited to have the tiniest dancers under our roof again dancing right beside their favorite grown up!! Please check out the description & details below to see if this is a good fit for you & your mini me! Please help us spread the word if you can think of anyone that might be interested.
MY BUDDY & ME WORKSHOP
This is a 4 week workshop that meets on Thursday mornings at 10:30am. This 30 minute creative movement class will teach a concept through props & developmentally appropriate dance. It’s a fun way to get your tiny dancer moving & learning at the same time! Grownups get to dance with their little buddies too! The workshop is only $40 & will meet on February 1st, 8th, 15th & 22nd. Registration will open on January 11th. Space is limited with a 4 pair minimum.
PARENT PORTAL LINK
We can’t wait to get back to dancing with you!!