Hi Studio M Family!
We hope that you had an incredible weekend & that your Monday is treating you well.
We have SOOOOO MUCH happening at the Studio this month so PLEASE read to the end so you have all of the information. Also, you will be receiving multiple emails from us this month so please be sure to read all of them!!
STUDIO M PODCAST LINK
Click the link below to listen to this entire email while you stay efficient and get other things done.
TOTS & LITTLES PARENTS
Please be sure to stay in the building during your dancers 45min class. We have had many potty breaks lately and it’s always best if you can manage those. It tends to happen that if one dancer needs to go potty, then all of a sudden it’s contagious!! Hahaha!
STUDENT ASSESSMENTS/SEASON 5 SCHEDULE
In the next couple of weeks, each family will receive an email with their dancer’s Student Assessment(s) for Season 4. This is a helpful tool that can inform you on what your dancer needs to work on plus it will have our recommendations for what class/classes your student should take next season. We will include the Season 5 schedule plus the class descriptions so you are fully prepared for our VIP registration on June 19th, 12-4pm. Reminder that you will receive a $15 credit on your account if you register during this time frame. Classes are SURE to fill so don’t miss out on the ideal schedule for your family!
Recital tickets are ON SALE NOW!! We use a 3rd party vendor for ticket sales called Tutu Tix which makes purchasing tickets so much easier for everyone! All tickets are $15 plus fees and will be selected seats not general admission. Children under 3 can sit on a lap. Tickets are exchangeable but NOT REFUNDABLE so please pay close attention to the date of the tickets you are purchasing. Any and all ticketing questions will go through Tutu Tix after purchase. Please use the the following link to purchase tickets: https://buy.tututix.com/studiom.
SPIRIT WEEK – WOWZA STUDIO M DANCERS ARE TOYRIFFIC – May 15th-19th
Our last Spirit Week of the season is going to be the PERFECT way to begin our Recital FUN! Spirit Week will be May 15th-19th and we are asking that dancers wear their Studio M gear this week or the following colors: PURPLE, White, Black, Grey. Please be sure that basic dress code rules are followed: midriffs & bottoms covered, hair pulled back & appropriate shoes. IT’S GOING TO BE SUCH AN EXCITING WEEK!
STUDIO M DAY – May 20th; 12-2pm
Please join us for an awesome Season 4 Celebration!! Saturday – May 20th, 12-2pm we will be having an outdoor party and we want your family to attend! Don’t miss out on pizza, crafts, dances, games & SO MUCH FUN! Plus, you will be able to grab your recital tank top!! Let us show you our appreciation before we SKIP into the end of the season!
RECITAL DRESS REHEARSAL & PHOTO WEEK – May 22nd-26th (green schedule)
Dress rehearsal will take place at the studio the week of May 22nd-May 26th. Students will come prepared in their costume with appropriate hair, makeup, accessories & shoes. We will take our individual & group photos and then practice our dances in front of other classes. Please note that the time may be different than their normal class time. If you haven’t purchased recital photos, please do so BEFORE photo week. You can purchase photos in the Parent Portal. You can find the photo packages by clicking the ‘Classes/Events’ tab in the upper right hand corner of your dashboard.
ALL STUDIO REHEARSALS – May 30th, May 31st & June 1st (orange schedule)
This is a new thing we are adding this season. The week of May 30th-June 1st (Tues-Thurs because we are closed on Memorial Day), we will be running our shows from beginning to end in Studio Montana. Please note that the DAY & TIME will likely be different than their normal class times. We ask that all classes (except Tots & Littles) stay through the entirety of their rehearsal block so they can participate as the audience when they aren’t dancing. Tots & Littles will be excused as soon as they are done performing.
The RECITAL Run-through
This section of the Happenings will consist of your monthly recital reminders & any new recital information…
– FINALE REHEARSAL: All dancers level Combo (6-10yrs) and above are invited to participate in the finale. We will be having a Finale Rehearsal on June 2nd from 4-6pm. There is no extra fee to be involved & no specific costume as they will wear their normal class costume. Dancers will learn the choreography on this day & then there will be a rehearsal each night of the show to stage this number. The finale is SUPER FUN & we hope to get as many kids to participate as possible!! FUN, FUN, FUUUUUN!!
– SHOW DETAILS: Our annual recital – Studio M Presents…TOYBOX – will be presented to a lively and fun audience the week of June 12th. MANDATORY staging rehearsals will be scheduled in the beginning of the week & shows will happen on Wednesday the 14th, Thursday the 15th & Friday the 16th. We will be opening our nostalgic TOYBOX for hours of FUN at the Dennison Theatre. PLEASE MARK YOUR CALENDARS!
– SHOW ORDERS: Please see the attached show orders below to find which night your dancer will be performing. There are three shows that we are calling ‘Playdates’ & your dancer will be performing one number for every class that they are enrolled in. We are not able to make changes to these orders now that they have been released. We work REALLY HARD on our shows to accommodate as many requests as possible but with over 34 families with multiple dancers, we cannot put all family members on the same night.
– RECITAL WEEK SCHEDULE – June 12th-June 16th (blue schedule): Recital week will consist of a 15min staging rehearsal (Tots & Sparklers will meet for 30min) as well as their final year-end performance. During their staging rehearsal, dancers do not have to wear their costume but they MUST wear appropriate shoes. We will be staging their dance and letting them practice it a couple of times in the actual performance space. STAGING REHEARSALS ARE MANDATORY FOR SAFETY REASONS. If your dancer misses the staging rehearsal, they will not be allowed to participate in the performance. All staging rehearsals & performances will take place at the Dennison Theatre at the University of Montana. Please be sure to arrive at least 15min BEFORE your scheduled rehearsal time!
– VOLUNTEERS: We are in search of volunteers to help backstage during the shows. If you are free and interested in the inner workings of how we put on a show, please let us know ASAP!
RECITAL INFORMATION RESOURCES
Tavja & I have recorded a Frequently Asked Questions – Recital Edition segment for your viewing. Please see the YouTube link below if you have any questions on season ending happenings or recital specifically. We are open to hosting a Zoom Q&A if requested.
YOUTUBE LINK: https://youtu.be/jUkn2YLbnGw
COMPANY AUDITIONS – SEASON 5
We will be casting our Season 5 Performance & Competition Companies on June 19th from 4-7pm. If your dancer is 10+ or turning 10 within the first semester, if they love to dance, enjoy being in a team environment & want to perform as much as possible…our Company program is for you!! There will be an informative Parent/Dancer meeting on June 5th at 5:30pm at Studio M. Please attend to get all of your questions answered from us as well as current Company parents.
PARENT PORTAL LINK
As always & especially this month, please let us know if you have any questions!